Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe
Here’s our version of a Delicious Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe
Before I started eating Low Carb High Fat I just couldn’t enjoy pizzas.
It wasn’t that I didn’t like them, it was just that I would have severe stomach cramps the next morning. I put this down to all of the spicy toppings I liked to have.
I’ve since learnt that it wasn’t the toppings but rather the flour and oils in the base that were affecting me.
Now with this great Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe I can enjoy a beautiful pizza without the after affects.
Great for getting the kids involved in fun Low Carb High Fat cooking – and they love them! They don’t even think about how to win at slots!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 Pizza Bases
- 2 cups of Almond Meal
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Large Cauliflower Head – Grated
- 3/4 cup of Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients into consistent pizza dough in large bowl
- Grease pizza trays with some olive oil
- Press pizza dough firmly down onto greased pizza trays to desired thickness (trial and error depending on taste) to form pizza base
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Cook pizza bases until golden brown and starting to crisp – approx 20 minutes
This is a base starting point. Experiment with variations of the ingredients to get the right balance for your taste. Cauliflowers can very in size and moisture so results may vary slightly each time until you find your own way.